Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


This is the large, almost life size Nativity creche in Saint Patrick's Cathedral on 5th Ave & 50th Street in Manhattan. Today a statue of baby Jesus would be lying in the manger, as Christians world wide celebrates His birth!

"And it came to pass in those days that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus
that all the world should be taxed.
And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
And Joseph also went up from Galilee out of the city of Nazareth into Judea unto the city of Bethlehem;
to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife being great with child.
And so it was that while they were there the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son and wrapped Him in swaddling
 clothes and laid him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn."

Luke 2 : 1-7


 I received this message once in a Christmas card, and I think it sums up my feelings today:


THE OLDER I GET....

"The simpler my holiday preparations become...

The closer I feel to old friends as I write my Christmas cards...

The more I cherish the oldest ornaments...

The more fondly I remember Christmases past...

The longer I hold on to a holiday hug...

The more I realize Christmas is a matter of the heart...

The tighter my throat gets when I sing "Silent Night"...

The more I enjoy giving than receiving...

The more I try to see Christmas through the eyes of a child...

The longer I sit at night in the glow of the Christmas tree...

The more wondrously beautiful the Christmas story is...

The deeper my awe at God's infinite love...

The more I love Christmas!"

~Author Unknown



From my house to yours, a very Merry Christmas!


 
My blog comments are turned off today --- enjoy the holiday!  
 
Please return on Monday where I'll be showing many of the wonderful Manhattan department store holiday window displays!



Bookmark and Share